Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Painful

I hurt. Anger fills parts of me, too. I feel sympathy for you and the circumstances you live in. I apologize for any time my response did not meet your expectations. I apologize that I cannot truly understand the shoes you wear or the path you walk. I believe that cannot do anything but fail when you to expect me to know EXACTLY what you deal with every day.

Our friendship has spanned over half our lives, 20 years this coming September. Chronologically, I have more years on this planet. However, you took me under your wing and helped me learn about the world. I struggled with my insecurities over that time; I felt like the ugly friend. Your intelligence, your charisma, your grooming habits seemed so polished and I sat there like a chunk of basalt. I struggled, because I knew that I had picked up that label and placed it on myself. Your care helped me grow into a better person and I tried to repay you with loyalty.

Now you re-evaluate our friendship, declaring that we have nothing in common. Of course we don't have anything in common. We're siblings; we have only shared love...oh, and our lesbianism, our partnerships with amazing women, our desire for children, our extended time-line for completing our  college education, etc.

for fucks sake...SNAP OUT OF IT.

Edited to comply with E-Prime semantics

No comments:

Post a Comment